Saturday, October 25, 2008

Interpret this

I decided to write this riddle for you to figure out. Pass it on to all your friends or anyone you can think of and leave your answers in the comments. I would really be interested in what the final outcome will be.

Pass this on to everyone you are connected with so I can accumulate as many answers as possible. This time next week I will tally all the results and post it here. I will also reveal the answer.

I think this will be a lot of fun and I am curious as to how many will respond with the right answer.

The more that answer will make it interesting to all who read it. Lets see how deep the answers can get. So come on and rally all your friends and lets get some answers.

Although I never saw you coming
I was never blindsided by your light

Interpret this

You are not my faithful follower
Yet you follow me around

I find you in population
Yet your not there for me

You devour everything in sight
Yet spew it back as if bulimic

A testimonial of your perception
A tribute to the cause

Hindsight is usually your strong suit
Your perception always grand

Yet what is this I speak of
Do you really understand?

Yes I heard it through the grapevine
Yes I told you and yours

Yes you gave it back with dignity
Awaiting all its glory

But who and why, who knows
Perhaps I’ll shine the light
Or maybe you instead

What is this?

16 comments:

earthlingorgeous said...

Hi Donald, sounds like a shadow to me.

Mark Legend Gangmei said...

The image in your post has told the answer.
I has to be shadow,

Doson said...

Hallo Donald (Duckkk)

You'll never believe me when I say this....
The answer is obviously, "QUESTION MARK" or "QUESTION"

Hurray,.. am the winner.

Oza Meilleur said...

Is it LOVE?

Tough to figure out a riddle after a 3-day migraine LOL

Can't wait to know the answer...

Kelly said...

Is it love?

Anne Coleman said...

A rumor.

earthlingorgeous said...

A thought or a riddle?

wizeguyztees said...

David, I am going with a shadow just like the amazing earthlingorgeous.

Dutch Schultz
http://www.wizeguyztees.com

brainthunk said...

I know the answer, but i'm not going to say what it is. I know the answer because he's my father and he told me it :P

Matt D. Barnes said...

Hey Don,

Nice riddle and a great idea. Knowing a little of your background, I would suggest this is emotive and positive too. Something which has proven elusive though perhaps attained in later life.

My first guess would be happiness.

Carol said...

Yes I know the answer yet isn't it a shame? We all seem to have one yet not one of them the same.As all of us are different,this will be different too. Yes I know the answer but won't spoil the fun for you!
Good Luck Everyone!

sidehillman said...

Sounds like gossip to me.

Inmyredhead said...

Could be 'beauty' but I'm leaning more towards 'Truth" or an 'Answer' - Red

Svara said...

Could it be...

Reflection?

Anonymous said...

Your Spirit, or better known toady as your conscious.

Reflections Magazine editor said...

Lots of folks are choosing "shadow" but I choose the "the mind." I am not very good at riddles but this one looks quite interesting so I will return for the answer.