Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nothing To Laugh About


Why do I feel the way that I do
When I’m upstairs in my head
When the world comes crashing down upon you
I should be laughing instead

But what is there to laugh about
When the whole world is crying
Just a smile won’t help anymore
The world needs something
But I don’t know what it is
At least I know I need more

Just to be happy is all that I ask
And not to feel dead inside
The frown on my face is only a mask
I’m putting it all aside

But what is there to laugh about
When the whole world’s in self destruct
People just don’t understand
Well I can procrastinate
And just sit and stagnate
I’m just washing my hands
Of what we just don’t understand

5 comments:

Matt D. Barnes said...

Another quality, thought-provoking piece, Don.

I'm sure I'm not alone in my enthusiasm to see more of your work, keep them coming.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Matt. This was awesome Don. You've come a long way, from the daughter of two alcoholics, I am very proud of you:~)

Oza Meilleur said...

Hi Donald!

Just arrived home, it's a warm Saturday evening, big bright full moon shines down on my balcony, in the back, and I turn on the computer and luck has it I stumbled upon your blog.

Because what a beautiful way to end my day: reading your poetry.

BRAVO!

Big hugs always,
Mudd a.k.a. Oza
xoxo

The Unsilent said...

Hi Donald, this is a very good blog post and a great blog. I'm adding you to my blogroll. Keep up the good work. cheers!

TheWhacksteR said...

Hey Donald nice work! i like your style of expression.. check my stuff out and tell me what you think when time permits! cheers!