Friday, June 20, 2008

Generations Apart


I’ve got a lot to learn
As time stands still I have a moment
Having all the time left in the world

Seeing all the little children playing out their roles
Playing catch, hop scotch, tag and hide and seek
A child is building mountains in the sand
Climbing up and looking over all the land

I’ve got the world in my hands
Seeing all their happy faces, not a care
Remembering when I was a child, wiping my tears away

Memories and imagination running wild, longing for the past
An endless thought of running through fields of green
From child to adult with nothing in-between

Time and time again, I am within

2 comments:

Benjamin Kerensa said...

Nice poem

Don Dousharm said...

Benjamin Kerensa,

Thanks, It was one of my emotional times. Glad you liked it.