Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Gift For You

I dedicate this poem to my wife who knows me better than anyone on earth. I am not one who writes much about love but she has inspired me.

When I first met her I knew that I would never grow old alone. For those of you who have found true love in your life, I'm sure you understand what I wrote and why.

I am such a hopeless romantic Not!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this piece of work that doesn't come very often from me.

A Gift For You

If I told you that I loved you in so many words
Would it mean the same as what my feelings show

If I gave you sparkling gems and silver
Would it give you as much pleasure as my time with you

If I gave you deep red roses blooming in the sun
Do they tell you that I love you as my words have done

There are no words that describe my feelings for you
So I sing them in this song
A gift for you

Shooting stars fall from the skies
Yet keep on shining in your eyes
I can tell by the way you look at me
Your loving me

Red skies cast a bright sunset
Admiration of your silhouette
You can tell by the way I look at you
I am loving you

If my eyes can see your inner most calm and time has no movement
Then I have seen the light and it warms my soul till the end of eternity

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww geez Donald... that made my heart melt.

Your wife is a lucky woman to have such a loving man -- and one willing to show his true feelings.

And a poet, to boot!
Cooooool...

Big Hugs and Lots of Love to both of you. Hope you have a beautiful Valentine's Day.

Mudd a.k.a. Happy Oza :-)
xoxo

Delilah said...

How utterly romantic!

I have no doubt that you will not grow old alone, and you will have many years of starry looks.

Your wife is lucky, there aren't too many out there that would be so open and honest about the love they feel.

Thank you for sharing this intimate look into your heart.

Reflections Magazine editor said...

Honestly, I love flowers and gift cards and all those cute things men give as gifts to show how much you mean to them. However, I prefer true actions and heartfelt words such as the ones you've written here for your wife. What "you feel and what show" matters more than any flashy expensive gift or quick picker upper at the local store.

This is truly a beautiful tribute...romantic and real.